Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and actually relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in South Beloit and Belvidere is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc constantly recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s performance. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and eliminate overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc in South Beloit and Belvidere at 877-389-2465 today.