Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the South Beloit and Belvidere season, have the experts at Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully releasing it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to make sure of adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc today at 877-389-2465.