During the colder South Beloit and Belvidere months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some indicators you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc as soon as possible if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at 877-389-2465 or book an appointment with us online.