As spring rolls around, you might be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in South Beloit and Belvidere? Particularly if your AC system is up-to-date or was cooling just fine last summer.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any service for it, such as getting new oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit inspected annually by a Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc technician can help locate little troubles before they turn into huge breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly lower your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to maintain delicate internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your equipment can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to elevated energy consumption—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it last longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find little problems before they become big, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely look at parts and perform a series of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to find problems before they turn into big issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is well-prepared to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your unit is at risk for early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC tune-up should have an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following spots and pieces:
- Full system order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc pros a ring at 877-389-2465 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your house, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.