With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can cut a large amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically heighten your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc specialist complete air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system operating efficiently for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is operating properly and can identify possible issues before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may harm your system and leave you needing big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when dealing with air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to operate efficiently and will help you maintain a comfy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc a call at 877-389-2465.