Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in South Beloit and Belvidere during the winter time, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is set to “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Fleming Heating & Air Conditioning Inc at 877-389-2465 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.